Thursday, March 27, 2014

Heart Framed Rose Card



Today's project was inspired by the Heartfelt Creations catalog cover. I think it came out o.k. I learned a couple of things in the process. That's a good thing. Right? Afterall, I'm always saying this is a journey. I have to confess, though, it's a bit frustrating to spend hours on a project only to have it not come out perfect.

Anyway, what I learned is:

 1. Don't stamp on the Stampin' Up! Naturals Composition Designer Series Specialty paper unless you want a worn look, as you can see in the picture. Because the paper is embossed it doesn't hold the color. Duh! I didn't think of that when I did it. When I tried to remove it with a baby wipe and paper towel the color stayed on the part that was not shiny (embossed). On the bright side I guess it kinda works. What do you think? and

 2. I should have stamped and colored my image on the back of the vellum. Or better yet, maybe  I should have just stamped it onto Whisper White cardstock. You might be wondering why stamp on the back of the vellum.  Answer; because it will be protected from smearing once added to the card. I actually new about this technique before starting, but again, I didn't think about it until after the fact. Story of my life.

On a more positive note, I do like how the frame came out. Maybe I'll do a new, and hopefully improved version of the card. All that being said, I hope my mistakes help you avoid doing the same things when working with vellum and/or embossed papers and water based inks.

Even when we make mistakes, we can enjoy the journey, because it's an opportunity to learn. Either way we win : D 

So enjoy the journey,

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment