Tuesday, April 8, 2014

My First Mixed Media Attempt

Have you ever wanted to try a new technique or art medium, but were hesitant to use your supplies, for fear of wasting them? I have found this to be a creative inhibitor in my life. I hate to waste supplies. I know it's silly, considering they are for using. Right? And I can't take it to the grave. So I came up with a solution for myself that I hope will help free and encourage you to take chances and experiment more.



The tip: Do small scale projects, like tags, and small canvases (like the one in the picture). If you like the results you can add your tags to cards and other projects later, and display your canvas on a small easel or turn it into a magnet. If you don't like the end results...well...you've only used a small amount of product.

My first attempt at mixed media may not be the greatest, but I had fun trying something new and I didn't have to use a lot of product. The more we practice the new things we're learning the more confident we will become and possibly more willing to use our stuff. So let's go for it! Even if it's only on a small scale.

Enjoy the journey : )

~Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment